ACGME-Accredited Thoracic Fellowship Program
Temple University Hospital’s ACGME-certified Thoracic Surgery Fellowship Program prepares trainees for clinical practice in cardiothoracic surgery and leadership within the field. The fellowship experience prioritizes education and mentorship. Our graduates are skilled in the fundamentals of cardiothoracic surgery, the latest procedures and technology and strategies for their own career development.
- Two-Year Fellowship
- Graduates qualify for Cardiothoracic or General Thoracic Pathway of American Board of Thoracic Surgery Certification
- Our high-volume rotations include a variety of practice settings:
- Temple University Hospital, a large academic health system in an urban, underserved community
- Fox Chace Cancer Center, an NCI Designated Cancer Center
- Nemours, A.I. DuPont, a Pediatric Hospital.
- An apprenticeship model with three-month rotations, one fellow per rotation.
- Throughout the two-year fellowship, fellows will have priority in choosing cases. Most index case requirements for Board Certification fulfilled during the first year of fellowship
- No In-house call throughout the fellowship
- Weekly and protected didactic sessions with faculty covering the Thoracic Surgery Director’s Association Curriculum
- Weekly and protected time for research, scholarly activity and quality improvement projects
- Outstanding faculty who are leaders in their field