Any request for travel must be submitted on the Resident Travel Request Form and returned to Marianne Kilbride. The form must be received at least a month prior (and preferably longer) to the dates of travel.
The request form must be submitted no matter who will be the ultimate source for reimbursement. Financial support will be derived from: the Department, the Alumni Association, the Orthopaedic Research Fund or other source (ie, industry support).
The completed form will be forwarded to Dr. Clancy, who will issue duplicates to Dr. Sewards (for department approval for the time away).
All travel reimbursement must meet the requirements of Temple University Policies (ie, use of "World Travel" for booking flights). Marianne Kilbride will furnish the guidelines that must be adhered to.
The John Lachman Orthopaedic Research Fund will specifically fund the following:
- Resident travel to present original research at regional and national meetings in the continental U.S.
- Any residents who produce research papers published in the Temple University Journal of Orthopaedic Surgery, or any other peer-reviewed journal, may attend a CME accredited course of their choice within the continental U.S.
- PGY II residents should plan to attend the Synthes AO Basic Course.
- The Alumni society will support PGY V residents may attend a review course of their choosing.
- The Department will support PGY V residents attendance at the annual AAOS Academy meeting.
Any questions regarding either the travel reimbursement form and/or the guidelines should be addressed to Dr. Clancy for clarification and must be accomplished well prior to the anticipated travel.
Resident Travel & Education Reimbursement Request Form (PDF)