In This Section
Life in Philadelphia
- Uwishunu: Philadelphia’s go-to resource for finding out about what’s happening in and around the city — that means you will read about Philadelphia area events, restaurants, festivals, bars, museums, music, performing arts, hotels and generally great news about the city and region.
- Philadelphia Social Calendar: If you’ve had the experience of wondering what is going on around town or why you missed a particular event, look no further than this website for all of the events in Philadelphia and the surrounding region
- Visit Philly – Events: The official city tourism department event calendar
- EventBrite Guide to Philadelphia Events: Concerts, bar crawls, festivals, and more
- Concerts in Philly: Searchable calendar via Song Kick for the city’s upcoming concerts
- 50 Best Restaurants: Check them off, one by one!
- Travel & Leisure Magazine Article about Philly Food Scene: Do you or your mother in law need some convincing that Philly’s restaurant scene is actually the best? Read this article.
- Open Table: Make a reservation!
- Ultimate Guide to Cheesesteaks in Philadelphia: What’s the best cheesesteak in Philly? Asking that question beats any ice breaker, opening line, or fight-starter in this town. Everyone has a favorite and opinions for days.
- Starr Restaurants: Philly’s hometown hero has cultivated an amazing set of restaurants which have racked up award after award. Check them out.
- Best Parks in Philadelphia: Grab a blanket or lace up your running shoes. VisitPhilly’s list of 25 best parks in Philly.
- Park Finder: A searchable map from the city department of parks and recreation to find your local parks and their amenities.
- Fairmount Park Conservancy: The official website of the group that maintains the largest municipal park in Pennsylvania (and more than twice the size of Central Park!)
- Wissahickon Park: Need an escape from the city? This amazing park is just 15 minutes from Center City and boasts miles upon miles of trails in a wooded setting amid the Wissahickon Creek
- Races in Philadelphia: List of upcoming 5K’s, 1/2 Marathons, Marathons, and more coming to Philadelphia
- Philly Runners: A network of scheduled free group runs, every Sunday morning/Tuesday evening/Thursday evening starting and ending at the Art Museum steps
- Philadelphia Sports Leagues: “Philadelphia Sports Leagues provides high quality recreational sports leagues, tournaments and social events for more than 50,000 adults all over the Philadelphia area. PSL is one of the top 5 largest social sports organizations in the country. Our #1 job is to make you feel like a kid again, have fun and make tons of awesome friends!”
- Stonewall Sports: A non-profit community sports organization focused on providing safe spaces for LGBTQIA (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersex, and Ally) individuals to play intramural sports, enhance the social environment of the greater Philadelphia LGBTQIA community, and provide opportunities to contribute to a philanthropic cause.
- Philadelphia Area Disc Alliance: PADA offers a variety of opportunities for people of all lifestyles and demographics to play Ultimate Frisbee. Adult leagues exist all over the Philadelphia area, from Center City to Delaware, from Chester County to South Jersey.
- Philadelphia Bicycle Club: An all-volunteer, non-profit organization that promotes bicycling in the greater Philadelphia area, offering numerous FREE group recreational rides throughout the year as well as other numerous social and cycling events.