“We develop the family physicians who will lead the world.”
It’s a bold vision statement for a residency program, but one in which we strongly believe. At Temple, we want family medicine residents who will proudly call themselves “Temple Made” at the end of their three years here. Hardworking, energetic and curious, our ideal residents possess a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude and a keen interest in practicing medicine in an urban environment.
It’s that environment that sets our program apart. Located in North Philadelphia, our department is committed to advancing the health of urban communities through the innovative training of family physician leaders to deliver culturally proficient, trauma-informed, patient- and community-centered care and advance the discipline through education and research.
We do this by:
- Teaching and implementing evidence-based medicine and best practices across the family medicine spectrum.
- Advocating and promoting primary care, led by family physicians, as the foundation of effective health care.
- Encouraging and respecting diversity by creating a culture of safety and inclusion.
- Seeking and valuing on-going continuous relationships and integrated partnerships.
- Acknowledging the impact of trauma on individuals and communities by recognizing, responding to, and resisting re-traumatization of ourselves or our community.
Thank you for your interest in the program. We look forward to your application and learning more about you.