Biostatistical faculty provide advanced biostatistical and methodological support in the areas of basic, clinical and translational research to Temple Health faculty, staff and students. Faculty biostatisticians and epidemiologists provide advice related to: study design, randomization procedures, sample size and power calculations, database development and statistical analysis. Assistance in the areas of grant development and manuscript preparation is also available. Collaborative partnerships with clinical investigators are welcomed. While initial consultations are provided at no cost, other financial arrangements including specific fees for service or grant support may be necessary. Authorship Policy: Co-authorship of scientific journal articles is expected on studies where substantive input on design and/or analysis is provided.
- randomization and blinding of interventions that substantially differ by delivery, side effects and patient burden;
- preparation, presentation and assessment of both interim data and final analyses to Data Safety & Monitoring Committees and the Food and Drug Administration;
- strategies for implementation of multi-center clinical trials;
- tracking and analysis of longitudinal data using time-to-event/survival analyses with repeated measures;
- definition of clinically relevant endpoints that support the scientific question;
- application of statistical methods to disease and treatment conditions with knowledge of important aspects of pathophysiology and pharmaco-therapeutics.