Requests for transfer to the MD degree program are only considered in rare circumstances for students with extenuating circumstances who are in good standing at a LCME-accredited US or Canadian medical school. Transfer requests will only be considered for entry to Phase 2 of the LKSOM curriculum. Written requests must be addressed to the Associate Dean for Admissions and must include an explanation of the extenuating circumstances, such as family illness or transfer of a spouse. The Associate Dean for Admissions will consult with the Senior Associate Dean for Education to determine the adequacy of institutional resources to accommodate such a request. The following conditions must be met for such consideration:
- Letter from the applicant’s current institutional official (dean or designee, such as dean for student affairs) confirming good academic standing
- Official transcripts from applicant’s current medical school, undergraduate school, and any post-graduate program(s)
- Pre-medical school academic credentials that are similar to the LKSOM entering class
- Satisfactory completion of a preclerkship MD curriculum that is comparable to LKSOM curricular content
- A passing USMLE Step I score (applicant must release the USMLE score directly to LKSOM)
- Release of AMCAS application to LKSOM
- Satisfactory criminal background and child abuse checks
- Two letters of reference from the applicant’s current medical school faculty (in addition to letter from institutional official)
Should LKSOM have sufficient resources to accommodate a request for transfer, the candidate will be considered in the same manner as are all applicants to the Lewis Katz School of Medicine and undergo a holistic review, including interview, by the MD Admissions Committee who will make a final determination.
Please have all letters and official transcripts sent to email@example.com. The deadline for receipt of all documents is March 15th.