The Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University (LKSOM) accepts visiting students from other accredited medical schools. Applications are made through the Visiting Student Application Service (VSAS). LKSOM’s annual elective catalog opens in the spring, after our own students’ fourth year schedules have been finalized. Applications are processed and offers extended, on a space-available basis.
Get information on visiting students from medical schools outside the United States.
In order to be a visiting student at LKSOM you must:
- Be in your 4th year of medical school
- Have completed all required clerkships at your home institution prior to your LKSOM elective
- Have either BLS or ACLS training that has not expired
- Have completed a criminal background check within twelve (12) months prior to your rotation
An application is considered complete when it includes uploads into VSAS of your:
- Criminal background check (must have been completed within 12 months of date of desired elective). We do not have a preference for background check vendor.
- USMLE Step 1 score report
- Completed AAMC Uniform Immunization form
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. You will receive a response via VSAS. If an offer is made, you have one week to accept or decline; after a week the offer expires. You may apply for any electives that are open, but you may not take more than two (2) electives at LKSOM.
Please use VSAS for all correspondence related to visiting student applications.
The Lewis Katz School of Medicine does not provide housing for visiting medical students. We recommend you read this list of housing units to search for accommodations.
For more information on the visiting student program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional information is available from the university on off campus housing resources.