Applicants will be notified of acceptance at three times during the interview season – December, February and when the interviews are over in April. Accepted students have two weeks to submit a $100 tuition deposit. The tuition deposit is refundable until April 30th.
The following is required for all matriculants to LKSOM:
Medical School Selection requirements for Matriculation
1. Adherence to the AAMC Application and Acceptance Protocols for Applicants. To reiterate protocol 9 & 10:
- 9. Out of respect for other applicants, if you receive an offer of acceptance from more than one school or program:
- a. Withdraw your acceptance from any school or program you do not plan to attend as soon as you have made that decision.
- b. On or before April 15, narrow your selection(s) to no more than three schools or programs, and withdraw your acceptance(s) from all other schools or programs; and
- c. On or before April 30, choose the school or program to which you plan to matriculate and promptly withdraw your acceptances from all other schools or programs.
- 10. If you receive additional acceptances following April 30, it is your responsibility to promptly notify any school(s) you have decided to not attend. Your decision should be made by the deadline established by the medical school(s).
2. The AMCAS online portal, Choose Your Medical School, will allow you to communicate regarding your acceptance to LKSOM:
- Starting in February 2020, you will have the opportunity to select Plan to Enroll. This is not a final declaration of your decision to matriculate and can be changed.
- By April 15, 2020, you can only hold acceptances to no more than three medical schools
- By April 30, 2020, you can only hold an acceptance to one medical school
- By April 30, 2020, you must select Plan to Enroll at LKSOM. This selection allows you to stay on wait lists at other medical schools.
- Between May 1, 2020 and July 1, 2020, you will have the option to indicate to which medical school you Commit to Enroll. At the time you commit to enroll, you must withdraw acceptances/wait list positions at all other medical schools where you have an active application.
- By July 1, 2020, you must confirm your intent to matriculate at LKSOM by selecting Commit to Enroll.
- If on July 2, 2020 you have not designated Commit to Enroll for LKSOM, your acceptance will be rescinded.
Academic/MCAT Requirements for Matriculation
3. Satisfactory completion of all courses taken after submission of your AMCAS application, with no grade below a C. If an expected date of graduation was indicated on your application, graduation by that time is required.
4. Maintenance of good standing, both academic and otherwise, in the educational institution you are now attending.
5. By July 1: Receipt of official transcripts covering your completed academic record is required for your matriculation. Request that each school you have attended send an official transcript (including summer school sessions) to the LKSOM Office of Admissions. AMCAS does not share with LKSOM the transcripts used for verification of your application. If you are presently taking (or intend to take) any course work, transcripts from that school should be sent after grades have been posted. If you will be receiving a degree, the degree and the date conferred must be reported on the transcript.
6. Should you decide to retake the MCAT examination after this acceptance is issued, MCAT performance must meet or exceed the overall level of performance when acceptance was issued.
Background Checks/Institutional Action Requirements for Matriculation
7. Completion of a Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance and resolution of any reports of child abuse to the satisfaction of LKSOM. Instructions will be provided with pre-Orientation material.
8. Completion of a Criminal Background Check and resolution of any reports of a criminal activity to the satisfaction of LKSOM: You will receive an email from Certiphi Screening, Inc. which contains instructions on how to begin the CBC. The email will contain the subject line: "Conditional Acceptance Background Check Consent Request." Should you be charged, convicted of, or plead guilty or no contest to a misdemeanor or felony crime after the date of your original AMCAS application submission, you are required to notify Dr. Jacob Ufberg in writing within 10 business days of the occurrence. This communication should be sent by certified mail to Dr. Ufberg at the address on the acceptance letter. Matriculation is contingent upon successful resolution of any reports of a criminal activity to the satisfaction of LKSOM.
9. Should you become the subject of an institutional action after the date of your original AMCAS application submission, you are required to notify Dr. Jacob Ufberg in writing within 10 business days of the occurrence. This communication should be sent by certified mail to Dr. Ufberg at the address on the acceptance letter. Matriculation is contingent upon successful resolution of any reports of institutional action to the satisfaction of LKSOM.
LKSOM Specific Requirements for Matriculation
10. Adherence to LKSOM Social Media policy as detailed in the LKSOM Student Handbook: professional behavior in all social media interactions prior to matriculation at LKSOM.
11. Affirmation that you are able to meet the LKSOM technical standards (https://medicine.temple.edu/education/md-program/admissions/technical-standards).
12. Attendance at the week-long Orientation Program which will begin on Monday, August 3, 2020. The White Coat Ceremony will be held on Friday, August 7. Classes will begin on Monday, August 10.