In This Section
- All applications must be through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) and National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).
- What we look for in an applicant:
- Passed Step 1 & Step 2 CS and CK,
- 3 letters of recommendation,
- Eligible to be licensed in Pennsylvania.
- While we do not have a USMLE or COMLEX score cutoff, we strongly prefer applicants to have passed on their first attempt. However, we value personal attributes and experiences more than we value numeric board scores.
- Our residents come to us from throughout the United States. Our matched residents currently come from:
- Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University 28.6%
- Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School 14.3%
- Drexel University College of Medicine 10.7%
- Ohio State University College of Medicine 7.1%
- Cooper Medical School at Rowan University 7.1%
- Eastern Virginia Medical School 7.1%
- University of South Carolina School of Medicine 7.1%
- All tied at 3.4%: University of Nebraska College of Medicine, American University of the Caribbean, Creighton University School of Medicine, St. George’s University School of Medicine, Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine, University of Toledo School of Medicine
- Applications are accepted each year beginning September 15.
Ruby Barghini, MD, Director, Residency Training
Alexandria Owen, GME Administrator
Office of Education