Temple's world-class clinical exposure and unparalleled didactic and simulation education will leave the successful resident readily able to craft and implement an anesthetic plan for any situation. Our residents have heart, drive and determination, and graduate polished and poised for leadership.
Applications to Temple Anesthesiology must be submitted via the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) starting in September. The Department of Anesthesiology at Temple University Hospital participates in the National Resident Matching Program.
The following documents are required as part of the application:
- Personal statement
- Medical school transcript
- Licensing examination results (USMLE Steps 1 & 2 or COMLEX Levels 1 & 2)
- Medical school dean's letter
- Three or four letters of recommendation from physicians who can evaluate your recent performance
If you are applying for training at an advanced level (CA-2 or higher), the following additional information is required:
- Letter from your current program director (if currently a resident) or former program director indicating your most recent standing with the program
- Copy of any certificates received for completed training
- Evidence of satisfactory completion of American Board of Anesthesiology approved training commensurate with the position for which you are applying
Application Deadline: October 21, 2023
Questions about the application process should be sent to our Education Office via email.