Applications must be submitted via the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) typically from September through April. Applications directly to the program will only be accepted when ERAS is closed. The Department of Anesthesiology at Temple University Hospital participates in the National Resident Matching Program.
The following documents are required as part of the application:
- Personal statement
- Medical school transcript
- Licensing examination results (USMLE, COMLEX, or equivalent)
- Medical school dean's letter
- Three (3) letters of recommendation from physicians who can evaluate your recent performance
If you are applying for training at an advanced level (CA-2 or higher), the following additional information is required:
- Letter from your current program director (if currently a resident) or former program director indicating your most recent standing with the program
- Copy of any certificates received for completed training
- Evidence of satisfactory completion of American Board of Anesthesiology approved training commensurate with the position for which you are applying
Questions about the application process should be sent to our Education Office via email.