Residency and fellowship training are exciting and rewarding, but can also be challenging physically, mentally, spiritually, and socially. The Temple University Graduate Medical Education Committee recognizes that physicians learn more efficiently, deliver a higher quality of care, and generally function at a higher level when they are healthy and well. Health is a state of physical, mental, and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity. We urge house staff to proactively take care of their own mental health and emotional needs.
- Well-Being Resources for House Staff
- Mental Health Care
- Emergency Resources
- GMEC Well-Being Committee
- Temple Peer Support Network (PSN) - Temple residents, fellows, faculty members and APPs experiencing stress or in need of peer connection can now request a confidential 20 minute check-in call from a colleague.
- Temple Owl Ribbon Recognition - Recognize a resident, fellow, faculty member or APP who has demonstrated excellence in patient care, professionalism or teamwork. The nomination will be forwarded to that person's department/division leadership.
- Physician Support Line: Free confidential peer support line by volunteer psychiatrists for US physician colleagues during the COVID-19 pandemic. Call 1-888-409-0141, 7 days a week from 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 a.m. EST.
- Free Guided Meditation Sessions - Dr. Sumita Bhambhani is offering 20-minute free guided meditation sessions via Zoom calls. If interested, please email her: email@example.com
- Mental Health Sessions - Dr. Auerbach, a PA Licensed Psychologist, is offering confidential mental health services to our medical professionals. If you’re interested, text him directly at 610-742-2225.
- Schwartz Center for Compassionate Healthcare - Resources for Healthcare Professionals Coping with the COVID-19 Pandemic
- What’s Different About the Stress Clinicians are Facing, and What Can Help
- Art of Living Online Happiness Program – free of charge to health care workers during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- LiveWell Foundation Support Groups - To help ensure people can stay connected and get the support they need through this uncertain time, they are offering free mental wellness and depression support groups online.
- Headspace Meditation App – They are allowing medical professionals to create a free account for their meditation and breathing exercises.
- Yale: The Science of Well-Being Course – This is offered online for free.
- US Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) Resources