Temple graduates secure impressive residencies, a fact often attributed to our school’s reputation for providing superior clinical training. Of recent graduating classes, the majority of seniors chose university hospitals or major affiliates of a university hospital for residencies.
Some 40% of Temple graduates pursue residencies in internal medicine, family medicine, or pediatrics, which can lead to primary care. The remainder of our students select from the full range of specialties and subspecialties.
The geographical distribution of our graduates’ residencies is coast-to-coast and border-to-border. A summary of most recent residency match positions is included below for reference.
2021 Residency Match Results
- 57 - Internal Medicine
- 19 - Family Medicine
- 19 - Emergency Medicine
- 17 - Surgery
- 13 - Pediatrics
- 12 - Neurology
- 11 - Obstetrics and Gynecology
- 10 - Orthopaedic Surgery
- 10 - Anesthesiology
- 9 - Psychiatry
- 26 - Temple University Hospital
- 8 - St. Luke’s Hospital - Bethlehem
- 7 - Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- 7 - Thomas Jefferson University
- 6 - St. Luke’s Hospital - Anderson
- 5 - Boston University Medical Center
- 5 - Cooper University Hospital
- 5 - Lankenau Medical Center
- 4- Abington Memorial Hospital
- 4 - University of Maryland Medical Center