Faculty Development Program
The Office of Faculty Affairs is responsible for initiating and implementing programs whose aim is to meet the diverse needs of the faculty of the Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University, as they develop their careers in an academic medical center. These programs will address objectives relative to general career growth as well as to acquisition of skills and expertise in education.
Faculty development activities include:
- Brown Bag Lunch seminars on career development topics
- Workshops on teaching portfolios
- IAMSE webinars (jointly with the Office of Medical Education)
- Medical education journal club (jointly with the Office of Medical Education)
Clinical faculty: please take advantage of your temple.edu email to view announcements about faculty development events.
Announcements on all faculty development events are sent via the medical faculty listserv which uses temple.edu addresses. Be sure to set your temple.edu email to forward to your tuhs email account.
The Office of Faculty Affairs also supports faculty to attend:
- Education Skills (for basic science faculty and clinicians):
- LKSOM Richard J. Kozera Teaching Academy: Monthly lectures/small group discussions led by local experts
- Center for the Advancement of Teaching (CAT): CAT’s programs and resources support evidence-based teaching and provide opportunities for faculty and TAs to learn from the experience and expertise of their colleagues.
- Local Leadership Training:
- TU HR Leadership Academy: main campus; combines leaders from throughout Temple
- Reorganization of Temple Leadership Training being planned currently
- National Leadership Training:
- Early Career Women Faculty Leadership Seminar
- Mid-Career Women Faculty Leadership Seminar
- Leadership and Management Foundations in Academic Medicine and Science
- Minority Leadership Development Seminar
- Mid-Career Minority Leadership Development Seminar
- ELAM: Executive Leadership in Academic Medicine
- Career Development:
- 1:1 counseling
- Departmental meetings for Promotion overview presentation
- Presentations available on Teaching Portfolio Assembly, Mentorship and Sponsorship, Faculty Development, etc.