Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
Return to Classes/Clerkships
First and second year medical students returned to a hybrid model in January.
Second year students are remote until mid-March, will have a USMLE Step 1 study break, and start the third year preparation course on May 3, 2021 in a hybrid model.
Third and fourth year medical students are continuing on clinical rotations.
Physician Assistant students are continuing on clinical rotations.
- Physician assistant students, graduate students and post baccalaureate students are continuing with a hybrid model.
COVID Vaccine Information
Additional COVID-19 Resources
- COVID-19 Clinical Trials
- Temple University Updates
- Temple Health Updates for Patients and Visitors
- CDC information about the coronavirus
Support our Efforts
- The Student Emergency Fund supports Lewis Katz School of Medicine students with emergency items and services needed to support their health, well-being and continued medical education.
- The Temple University Hospital Emergency Fund supports the hospital in its immediate ability to respond to the current COVID-19 emergency.
- The Temple University Hospital Employee Assistance Fund supports staff who are experiencing hardship as a result of the COVID-19 emergency.
- The Community Emergency Fund supports the immediate and evolving needs of the Philadelphia’s most vulnerable populations—especially senior citizens, immunocompromised and chronically ill neighbors and families with small children.
- Donate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to Temple Health
- Donate Meals to Support Our Temple Health Staff
If you have questions about the item(s) you wish to donate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 215-707-5479. If you have questions about making a donation, please email email@example.com or call 215-707-4868.
COVID News from Temple
- February 2021: Temple University Hospital’s COVID Outcomes Compare Favorably to State and National Benchmarks in Newly Released AAMC Medicare Data
- February 2021: Student Volunteers Play a Pivotal Role in Early Days of COVID-19 Vaccination
- February 2021: Temple-Led Research Team Finds COVID-19 Containment Measures in Philadelphia Associated with Increase in Firearm Violence in the City
- January 2021: Temple Heart and Vascular Institute Receives Funding from the Edna Kynett Foundation to Engage Under-Represented Medical Trainees in Research on Racial and Sex-Specific Cardiovascular Disease Disparities in COVID-19
- December 2020: Partnering to Educate the Latino Community about COVID-19
- November 2020: Students Find Way to Nurture the Community During the Pandemic
- October 2020: SARS-CoV-2 Spike Proteins Disrupt the Blood-Brain Barrier, Potentially Raising Risk of Neurological Damage in COVID-19 Patients
- October 2020: Criteria to Predict Cytokine Storm in COVID-19 Patients Identified by Temple Researchers
- October 2020: Temple University Hospital Begins Recruiting Participants for Phase 3 COVID-19 Vaccine Clinical Trial
- Septemeber 2020: Temple Approved for a Eugene Washington PCORI Engagement Award Program for a Project on Racial and Sex-Specific Cardiovascular Disease Disparities in COVID-19
- July 2020: Temple Treats First Patients in the U.S. in Clinical Trial of Novel Immunotherapy for Patients with COVID-19
- June 2020: #FitForTheFrontLine Challenge Unites Temple Health, Other Top Medical Centers in Support of Front-Line Health Care Workers
- April 2020: Temple Now Offering a Variety of Clinical Trials and Investigational Treatment Options for Patients with COVID-19
- April 2020: Temple Healthcare Workers Called To Join National PCORnet® Study To Fight COVID-19 Together
- April 2020: Temple Students Are Doing Their Part
- April 2020: Students Scour the Region to Help Bridge PPE Gap at Temple