Clinical Teaching Sites & Regional Campuses
The Katz School of Medicine at Temple University utilizes a variety of clinical teaching sites throughout the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. This provides students the opportunity to see a wide range of medical disorders in people who have varied social, economic and cultural backgrounds, and to learn the management of those disorders in diverse ambulatory and inpatient settings. The Philadelphia sites include:
- Temple University Hospital
- Temple University Hospital - Episcopal Campus
- Fox Chase Cancer Center
- Temple University Hospital – Jeanes Campus
The School maintains academic affiliations with several major urban and suburban Pennsylvania hospitals, each with a long history of academic and clinical excellence.
- St. Luke's University Health Network - Bethlehem Campus is a regional campus of the Lewis Katz School of Medicine, providing a unique opportunity for 40 students to complete all four years of their medical education in Bethlehem, PA. The small class size provides personalized mentoring and instruction for all four years.
Other sites offer required clerkships and subinternships and elective clerkships. These include the following hospitals, in addition to numerous private family medicine practices:
- Main Line Health System
- Lancaster General Hospital
- St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children