Sabrina Islam, MD, MPH
Assistant Professor, Medicine
- Contact Information
- About Me
- Preventive cardiology
- Nuclear cardiology
- Cardiovascular epidemiology
- Subclinical markers of cardiovascular disease
- Education, Training & Credentials
Master of Public Health, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD
MD, BA-MD Program, State University of New York (SUNY) Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY
Fellowship, Cardiology, Drexel University College of Medicine/Hahnemann University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Drexel University College of Medicine/Hahnemann University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
- Internal Medicine
- Nuclear Cardiology
- Fellow-in-Training, American Society of Nuclear Cardiology, 2016
- Fellow-in-Training, American College of Cardiology, 2014
- American College of Physicians, 2012
- American Heart Association, 2007
- American Medical Students Association, 2006
- Psi Chi Honor Society, Inducted 2006
- The Phi Beta Kappa Society, Inducted 2005
- Golden Key International Honour Society, Inducted 2005
Honors & Awards
- Presentation: “Implantation of a CardioMEMS Heart Failure System in Dextro-Transposition of the Great Vessels”
- Second Place, Moderated Oral Presentation, Asia-Pacific Cardiovascular Intervention Symposium, June 2016
- First Place, Fellow Case Presentation, Drexel Internal Medicine Research Day, May 2016
- Honorable Mention, Outstanding Clinical Resident/Fellow Case Studies Poster, Drexel University Discovery Day, October 2015
- Presentation: “Risk Factors in Heart Failure”
- First Place, Outstanding Research Project, Drexel Internal Medicine Research Day, May 2014
- Presentation: “Subcutaneous ICD Implantation in a Patient with Chronic Lymphedema”
- Honorable Mention, Outstanding Research Project, Drexel Internal Medicine Research Day, May 2013
- Joseph Collins Foundation Scholarship, 2007-2009
- Lee’s Laboratory Award, CUNY Brooklyn College Graduation, 2006
- Psychology Departmental Award, CUNY Brooklyn College Graduation, 2006
- Kappa Phi Club Award, CUNY Brooklyn College Graduation, 2006
- Presidential Scholar, CUNY Brooklyn College, 2002-2006
- University Scholar, CUNY Brooklyn College, 2002-2006
Cai, A, Islam S, Hankins S, Fischer W, Eisen H. Mechanical support devices in heart failure. A comprehensive review. Journal of Transplant. (Ahead of print 2017).
Islam S, Patel C, Anusionwu O, Ledley G. Implantation of a CardioMEMS heart failure system in dextro-Transposition of the great vessels. Drexel Med Journal. 2016 Spring:10 (1): 60-1.
Hoosain J, Islam S, Liu L, Eisen H. Risk factors in patients with heart failure. Drexel Med Journal. 2015 Spring; 9(1): 6-7.
Aktar S, Islam S, Chokshi P, Bastien C, Naggar I, Kamran H, Stewart M, Salciccioli L, Lazar J. Characterization of cardiac time intervals in real time assessment of left ventricular function and ventricular-arterial coupling in humans using an electronic stethoscope. Journal of Clinical Hypertension. 2012 May; 14(Supplement 1): 193.
Pena JR, Lopez MA, Islam S, Weksler B, Szabo P, Molina K, Poveda JM. Titers of circulating antibodies to the heat shock protein 60 (anti-hsp60) increase in women in response to stressful life situations. Psychosomatic Medicine. 2011 Apr; 70(3): A96.
Pena JR, Quintini AM, Islam S, Weksler B, Yelamo CA, Pina N, Romero EA, Poveda J. Titers of circulating antibodies to the heat shock protein 60 (anti-hsp60) increase in response to surgery after bone trauma, independent of psychosocial stress or gender. Psychosomatic Medicine. 2010 Apr; 72(3): A64.
Pena JR, Quintini AM, Islam S, Weksler B, Poveda J. Integral approach of coronary artery disease with reference to circulating antibodies to hsp60. Psychosomatic Medicine. 2009 Apr; 71(3): A62.
Pena JR, Quintini AM, Islam S, Weksler B. Psycho-existential factors in patients with coronary artery disease with reference to circulating antibodies to hsp60. Psychosomatic Medicine. 2008 Apr; 70(3): A78.