Ellen Tedaldi, MD, MACP
Director, HIV Program, Temple University Hospital
- About Me
- Women's health
- HIV clinical trials
- Education, Training & Credentials
- Fellowship, Hedwig van Amerigen Executive Leadership in Academic Medicine Program (ELAM), Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA
- Residency, Hennepin County Medical Center, Minneapolis, MN
- MD, SUNY Buffalo School of Medicine (Alpha Omega Alpha), Buffalo, NY
- Internal Medicine
- Master, American College of Physicians
- Fellow, College of Physicians of Philadelphia
- Society for General Internal Medicine
- American Academy of HIV Medicine
Honors & Awards
- Extraordinary Doctor - Community Service, Philadelphia Business Journal, 2017
- Service Award, Temple University Medical Staff, 2017
- Temple University Faculty Service Award, Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University, 2015
- Honored Professor, Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University Alumni Board, 2013
- Who's Who Among Students in American Colleges and Universities
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- Golden Apple Teaching Award
- Recipient of Yearbook Dedication, Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University
- Top MD for Women, Philadelphia magazine
- Best Doctors in Northeast Region
- Honoree, Philadelphia FIGHT 10th Anniversary
- Recipient, Mazzoni Award
- Exemplar of Humanism in Medicine Award (Temple), College of Physicians
- Fellow, Hedwig von Amerigen Executive Leadership in Academic Medicine
- Clinical Practice Award, Philadelphia College of Internal Medicine
- HepTREC Award
- John Allen Blue Award, BEBASHI (Blacks Educating Blacks About Sexual Health Issues)
- Keystone Hospice 10th Anniversary Award
- Faculty Presenter, White Coat Ceremony, Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University
- Top Doctors, Internal Medicine, Philadelphia magazine, 2004, 2005, 2008-2016, 2018
- Best Doctors in America®, Internal Medicine, Infectious Disease, 2015-2016, 2017-2018
- Castle Connolly Top Doctor, 2004-2018
1: Mendoza MCB, Gardner L, Armon C, Rose C, Palella FJ Jr, Novak R, Tedaldi E, Buchacz K; HIV Outpatient Study Investigators. Time spent with HIV viral load >1500 copies/mL among patients in HIV care, 2000-2014. AIDS. 2018 Jun 28. doi: 10.1097/QAD.0000000000001921. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 29958190.
2: Patel M, Tedaldi E, Armon C, Nesheim S, Lampe M, Palella F Jr, Novak R, Sutton M, Buchacz K; HOPS Investigators. HIV RNA Suppression during and after Pregnancy among Women in the HIV Outpatient Study, 1996 to 2015. J Int Assoc Provid AIDS Care. 2018 Jan-Dec;17:2325957417752259. doi: 10.1177/2325957417752259. PubMed PMID: 29357772.
3: Buchacz K, Armon C, Tedaldi E, Palella FJ, Novak RM, Ward D, Hart R, Durham M, Brooks J. Disparities in HIV Viral Load Suppression by Race/ethnicity among Men who Have Sex with Men in the HIV Outpatient Study. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2018 Jan 9. doi: 10.1089/AID.2017.0162. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 29316797.
4: Geter A, Sutton MY, Armon C, Durham MD, Palella FJ Jr, Tedaldi E, Hart R, Buchacz K; HIV Outpatient Study Investigators. Trends of racial and ethnic disparities in virologic suppression among women in the HIV Outpatient Study, USA, 2010-2015. PLoS One. 2018 Jan 2;13(1):e0189973. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0189973. eCollection 2018. Erratum in: PLoS One. 2018 Mar 12;13(3):e0194413. PubMed PMID: 29293632; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC5749722.
5: Samandari T, Tedaldi E, Armon C, Hart R, Chmiel JS, Brooks JT, Buchacz K; and the HIV Outpatient Study Investigators . Incidence of Hepatitis C Virus Infection in the Human Immunodeficiency Virus Outpatient Study Cohort, 2000-2013. Open Forum Infect Dis. 2017 Jun 10;4(2):ofx076. doi: 10.1093/ofid/ofx076. eCollection 2017 Spring. PubMed PMID: 28616444; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC5466816.
6: Kunisaki KM, Niewoehner DE, Collins G, Aagaard B, Atako NB, Bakowska E, Clarke A, Corbelli GM, Ekong E, Emery S, Finley EB, Florence E, Infante RM, Kityo CM, Madero JS, Nixon DE, Tedaldi E, Vestbo J, Wood R, Connett JE; INSIGHT START Pulmonary Substudy Group. Pulmonary effects of immediate versus deferred antiretroviral therapy in HIV-positive individuals: a nested substudy within the multicentre, international, randomised, controlled Strategic Timing of Antiretroviral Treatment (START) trial. Lancet Respir Med. 2016 Dec;4(12):980-989. doi: 10.1016/S2213-2600(16)30319-8. Epub 2016 Oct 20. PubMed PMID: 27773665; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC5279910.