Natalia Ortiz-Torrent, MD, FAPA, FAPM, FPCP
Professor, Clinical Psychiatry and Behavioral Science
Medical Director, Consultation and Liaison Psychiatry
- Contact Information
- About Me
- Eating disorders
- Psychosomatic medicine
- Geriatric psychiatry
- Cultural psychiatry
- CBT for anxiety in patients with COPD or pain
- Population health
- Psychiatric comorbidities in gastroparesis
- Eating disorders in patients with gastroparesis
- Suicide risk assessment in the general hospital
- PTSD and delirium in patients with cancer
- Incidence of neglect of lung cancer in patients with schizophrenia
- Education, Training & Credentials
- Residency, Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
- MD, Ponce School of Medicine, Ponce, Puerto Rico
- Psychosomatic Medicine
- President, Philadelphia County Medical Society
- Fellow, College of Physicians
- Fellow, American Psychiatry Association
- Fellow, Academy of Psychosomatic Medicine
- Past President, Society Ibero Latin American Medical Professionals
Honors & Awards
- Commissioner, PA Governor's Advisory Commission for Latino Affairs, 2015-present
- List of Most Influential Latinos in Delaware Valley, Impacto News Paper, 2010, 2016
- Nancy Roesky Award, American Psychological Association, Medical Students Education, 2010
Application of the five stages of grief to diabetic limb loss and amputation. Spiess KE, McLemore A, Zinyemba P, Ortiz N, Meyr AJ. J Foot Ankle Surg. 2014 Nov-Dec;53(6):735-9. doi: 10.1053/j.jfas.2014.06.016. Epub 2014 Aug 13. PMID: 25128314.
Caregiver status: a potential risk factor for extreme self-neglect. Ortiz N, Lamdan R, Johnson S, Korbage A.
Psychosomatics. 2009 Mar-Apr;50(2):166-8. doi: 10.1176/appi.psy.50.2.166. PMID: 19377027.H.P. Parkman, R.W. McCallum, et al. Gastroparesis: Pathophysiology, Presentation and Treatment, Clinical Gastroenterology. Chapter: Psychological aspects of gastroparesis pp. 303- 313. Springer Science and Business Media. LLC, 2012 (DOI: 10.1007/978-1-60761-552_1_25. ISBN-13: 9781607615514.
Ortiz N. “Behavioral Management of Pain”. Regional Anesthesia and Pain Management (Anesthesia Pocket Consult for iPod) by Burkey, D.R., M.D. Chapter 87:pp.203-2004. Saunders, January 2009. (ISB: 978-1-4160-3344-8).
Non-Peer Reviewed Book Review
Ortiz, N: “Binge-Eating Disorders: Clinical Foundations and Treatment” By James E. Mitchell. Psychosomatics, 50:2, 182-183.