Gail M. Herrine, MD, FACOG, IBCLC, FABM
Professor, Clinical Obstetrics & Reproductive Sciences
Medical Director, Post-Partum
- Contact Information
- About Me
- General OB/GYN
- Lactation medicine
- Breastfeeding advocacy
- Female sexual dysfunction
- Lactation medicine
- Education, Training & Credentials
- Safe Zone: Dr. Herrine has completed Safe Zone training to learn about LGBTQ identities, gender and sexuality, and examine prejudice, assumptions, and privilege. She welcomes patients from the LGBTQ community in her practice.
- Residency, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA, 1993
- Internship, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA, 1988
- MD, Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA, 1987
- BA, Chemistry, Oberlin College, Oberlin, OH, 1983
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Academy of Breastfeeding Medicine
- International Lactation Consultant Association
Honors & Awards
- Physician of the Year, Pennsylvania Resource Organization, Lactation Consultants
- Top Doctors, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Philadelphia magazine, 2017-2020
- Excellence in Teaching Award, Association of Professors of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 2017
- Exceptional Women In Medicine, Castle Connolly, 2017
- Regional Top Doctor, Castle Connolly, 2016-2017
- Best Doctors in America®, Obstetrics & Gynecology, 2015-2016, 2019-2020
- Top Doctor, Castle Connolly, 2015
Massa K, Herrine GM, Yu D. Skin to skin contact after delivery: Nurse education and perspectives, Breastfeed Med. 2013;8(S1):S1-S20.
Herrine GM, McCarthy M, Valeggia C. Breastfeeding attitudes and intentions: Effects of a small-scale intervention in northeastern Philadelphia. Breastfeed Med. 2010;5(6):325-341.
Herrine GM, Romcevich L, Valeggia C. Breastfeeding attitudes and intentions in an inner-city northeast Philadelphia community, Breastfeed Med. 2009;4(4)233-246
Haurani FI, Herman GM. Methotrexate and the thymidylate synthetase gene. Blood. 1982;60:113A.