Anjali Vaidya, MD, FACC, FASE, FACP
Co-Director, Pulmonary Hypertension, Right Heart Failure & CTEPH Program, Temple University Hospital
Director, Pulmonary Hypertension Fellowship
Associate Program Director, Cardiology Fellowship
Assistant Program Director, Internal Medicine Residency
- About Me
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Right Heart Failure
- Chronic Thromboembolic Pulmonary Hypertension (CTEPH)
- Pulmonary Thromboendarterectomy (PTE)
- Advanced Heart Failure Cardiac Transplant
- Ventricular Assist Device (VAD)
- Cardiopulmonary Exercise Testing (CPET)
- Right Heart Catheterization
- Exercise Physiology
- Pulmonary Embolism Venous Thromboembolism
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Right Heart Failure
- Chronic Thromboembolic Pulmonary Hypertension
- Exercise Physiology
- Advanced Heart Failure & Cardiac Transplant
- Education, Training & Credentials
- Fellowship, Advanced Heart Failure and Cardiac Transplant, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, 2013
- Fellowship, Pulmonary Hypertension, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, 2013
- Fellowship, Advanced Echocardiography, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, 2012
- Fellowship, Cardiology, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, 2012
- Chief Residency, Internal Medicine, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, 2009
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Hospital of the University, Philadelphia, PA, 2008
- MD, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, 2005
- BA, Medical Sciences, Psychology, Boston University, Boston, MA, 2002
- Internal Medicine
- Sub-specialty of Cardiology
- Sub-specialty of Advanced Heart Failure and Transplant Cardiology
- Sub-specialty of Adult Comprehensive Echocardiography
- Fellow, American College of Cardiology
- Fellow, American Society of Echocardiography
- Fellow, American College of Physicians
- American Heart Association
- American Medical Association
- Pennsylvania Medical Society
- Heart Failure Society of America
- American College of Chest Physicians
- International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation
- American Thoracic Society
- American Society of Transplantation
- Pulmonary Hypertension Association
Honors & Awards
- Top Doctors, Cardiovascular Disease, Philadelphia magazine, 2019-2022
- 2021 LKSOM Educational Excellence Award for Educational Service
- 2020 LKSOM Women in Medicine and Science Mentoring Award
- Donna McCurdy Department of Medicine Teaching Award, University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine
- Leading Physicians of the World Top Doctor
- University of Pennsylvania Cardiovascular Medicine Division's Vincent and Bonnie Anderson Award for Outstanding Medical Student Teaching
- Frederick Samaha Research Scholar Award, University of Pennsylvania
- American Heart Association Women in Cardiology Trainee Award for Excellence
- Mary E. Groff Fellowship in Clinical Research Methods, Center for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine
- Second Place, Northwestern Cardiovascular Young Investigators’ Forum
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
Invited Textbook Chapters
Vaidya A, Jessup ML. Atrial Fibrillation and Cardiomyopathy with Heart Failure. Heart Failure: A Case-Based Atlas. Edited by Peter S. Rahko. 2014 Demos Medical Publishing, LLC. ISBN: 978-1-936287-57-2. e-book ISBN: 97 8-61705-O94-7
Vaidya A, Kirkpatrick J. Right Ventricular Anatomy, Function, and Echocardiographic Evaluation. 5th Edition of Otto’s The Practice of Clinical Echocardiography. 2016 Elsevier Publishing. ISBN: 978-0-323-40125-8. e-book ISBN: 9780323482455.
Banerji S, Vaidya A. Pulmonary Hypertension in the Potential Kidney Transplant Recipient. Cardio-nephrology: Confluence of the Heart and Kidney in Clinical Practice. Edited by Janani Rangaswami, Edgar V. Lerma, and Claudio Ronco. 2017 Springer Publishing. ISBN 978-3-319-56042-7.
Vaidya A. Distal Chronic Thromboembolic Disease: Is Surgery an Option? Clinical Cases in Chronic Thromboembolic Pulmonary Hypertension. Edited by William Auger. 2017 Springer Publishing. In Press.
Forfia PR, Vaidya A, Wiegers SE. Pulmonary heart disease: The heart-lung interaction and its impact on patient phenotypes. Pulm Circ. 2013;3:5-19.
Vaidya A, Kawut SM. Relax or Contract: What’s Right? Circulation. 2013 Oct 29;128(18):1999-2001. doi: 10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.113.005638. Epub 2013 Sep 20.
Rame E, Vaidya A. Disease progression in pulmonary arterial hypertension: refining the phenotype with a prognostic biomarker profile from collagen. JACC Heart Fail. 2014 Aug;2(4):422-4. doi: 10.1016/j.jchf.2014.05.004. Epub 2014 Jul 9.
Opotowsky AR, Ojeda J, Rogers F, Prasanna V, Clair M, Moko L, Vaidya A, Afilalo J, Forfia PR. A Simple Echocardiographic Prediction Rule for Hemodynamics in Pulmonary Hypertension. Circ Cardiovasc Imaging. 2012 Nov;5(6):765-75.
Merrill SL, Vaidya A, Pyeritz R. Ethical challenges of the use of whole exome sequencing in the clinic. World Journal for Pediatric and Congenital Heart Surgery. 2013 Jan;4(1):58-61.
Opotowsky AR, Clair M, Afilalo J, Landzberg MJ, Waxman AB, Moko L, Maron B, Vaidya A, Forfia PR. A Simple Echocardiographic Method to Estimate Pulmonary Vascular Resistance. Am J Cardiol. 2013 Jun 1. doi:pii: S0002-9149(13)01129-6.
Vaidya A*, Raina A*, Gertz ZM, Chambers SV, Forfia PR. Marked Changes Right Ventricular Contractile Pattern Result after Cardiothoracic Surgery: Implications for the Post-Surgcal Assessment of Right Ventricular Function. J Heart Lung Transplant. 2013 Jun 14. pii: S1053-2498(13)01251-5 *Shared first author contribution
Saggar R, Khanna D, Vaidya A, Derhovanessian A, Maranian P, Belperio JA, Weigt SS, Dua S, Goldin JG, Abtin F, Lynch JP, Forfia PR, Saggar R. Changes in Functional Capacity, Hemodynamics, and Right Heart Function In An Advanced Phenotype Of Pulmonary Fibrosis And Significant Pulmonary Hypertension. Thorax. 2014 Feb;69(2):123-9. doi: 10.1136/thoraxjnl-2013-204150.
Raza F, Alkhouli M, Rogers F, Vaidya A, Forfia P. Case series of 5 patients with end-stage renal disease with reversible dyspnea, heart failure, and pulmonary hypertension related to arteriovenous dialysis access. Pulm Circ 2015:5(2): 398-406.
Matura LA, Shou H, Fritz JS, Smith KA, Vaidya A, Pinder D, Archer-Chicko C, Dubow D, Palevsky HI, Sommers MS, Kawut SM. Physical Activity and Symptoms in Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension. Chest. 2016 Feb 15. pii: S0012-3692(16)01252-6.
Chatterjee S, Weinberg I, Yeh RW, Chakraborty A, Sardar P, Weinberg MD, Kabrhel C, Barnes GD, Mukherjee D, Kumbhani D, Bashir R, Vaidya A, Smith A, Fuchs B, Groeneveld P, Giri J. Thromb Haemost. 2017 Jan 26;117(2):246-251.
- Related Links