Valerie Armstead, MD, FAAP, DABA
- Contact Information
- About Me
- Airway management
- Regional anesthesia (especially plane blocks)
- Vascular biology
- Anesthesia effects on eukaryotic cells
- Alternative methods of anesthetic delivery
- Disparities in healthcare, education & nutrition
- Education, Training & Credentials
- Fellowship, Pediatric Cardio-thoracic Anesthesiology, Baylor College of Medicine, Texas Children's Hospital at the Houston Medical Center, Houston, TX, 2010
- Fellowship, Liver Transplant Anesthesiology, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, 1989
- Fellowship, Pediatric Anesthesiology and Critical Care Medicine, Washington Children's Hospital and Medical Center, Seattle, WA, 1987
- Residency, Anesthesiology, Barnes & Affiliated Hospitals, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO, 1986
- MD, Washington University at St. Louis School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO, 1981
- BA, Biological Sciences, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, 1977
- Sub-specialty of Pediatric Anesthesiology
- Pennsylvania Society of Anesthesiologists
- Philadelphia Society of Anesthesiologists
- New Jersey Society of Anesthesiologists
- American Society of Anesthesiologists
- Association of University Anesthesiologists
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Anesthesiology subsection
- American Medical Association
- American Heart Association
- American Society of Echocardiography
- National Medical Association
- American Medical Women's Association
- American Psychological Society
- National Physician's Alliance
- Doctors for America
- Physicians for a National Healthcare Program
- Society for Executive Leadership in Academic Medicine
- Nitric Oxide Society
D'Souza, G, Armstead, VE: Chapter 11: Sickle Cell Disease Chronic Pain Issues, in Pediatric Chronic Pain: Current Science and Integrative Practice, Editors: Surresh S and McClain B, Publisher: Springer, 2011
Armstead, VE: Society for Pediatric Anesthesia Newsletter: Pro Con, Endotracheal Tubes vs. Supraglottic Airways, Summers, 2011.
Armstead, VE. Master An Uncooperative Child with a Difficult Airway, in Master Techniques in Upper and Lower Airway Management, First Edition, Editor: Rosenblatt W, Publisher: Wolters Kluwer Health, Philadelphia, 2015: 154.
Armstead, VE. Master Pediatric Airway Foreign Bodies, in Master Techniques in Upper and Lower Airway Management, First Edition, Editor: Rosenblatt W, Publisher: Wolters Kluwer Health, Philadelphia, 2015:158.
Armstead, VE: Pediatric sedative methods: An update. Anesthesia and Analgesia 86(Supplement):1-5, 1998.
ASTM F2560-06, Standard Specification for Supralaryngeal Airways and Connectors, ASTM International, West Conshohocken, PA, 2006, www.astm.org (Committee member).