Sean Thatcher, PhD
Associate Professor, Biomedical Education and Data Science
- About Me
- Abdominal aortic aneurysms
- Angiotensin converting enzyme-2 (ACE2)
- Sex differences
- Renin-angiotensin system (RAS)
Current interests include hybrid course development, cognitive didactic methods, experiential learning, and educational research.
- Education, Training & Credentials
- Post-doctoral fellowship, Pharmacology & Nutritional Sciences, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY
- PhD, Physiology, Marshall University, Huntington, WV
- American Physiological Society (APS)
- American Society for Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics (ASPET)
- American Heart Association (AHA)
- Organizational Society for Sex Differences (OSSD)
Honors & Awards
- F32 Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award (NHLBI, 2009)
- Faculty of the Year, Department of Pharmacology and Nutritional Sciences (University of Kentucky, 2019)
1.) Editor for Methods in Molecular Biology Series, Protocols on the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone (RAAS), Springer Publishing, 2017.
2.) AlSiraj Y, Woolley C, Thatcher SE, and LA Cassis. Sex differences and the role of the renin-angiotensin system in atherosclerosis and abdominal aortic aneurysms (Chapter 11, pp. 167-184). Publisher, Elsevier, Editors, Drs. Babbette LaMarca and Barbara T. Alexander, 2019.