Roh Yanagida, MD, PhD
Assistant Professor, Surgery
- About Me
- Cardiothoracic transplantation
- Mechanical circulatory support
- Aortic root reconstruction
- Chimeric animal model for organ transplant
- Education, Training & Credentials
- Fellowship, Heart/Lung Transplant and Mechanical Circulatory Assist, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
- Fellowship, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA
- Residency, General Surgery, Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- Residency, General Surgery, Brown Medical School, Providence, RI
- Research Fellowship, Cardiothoracic Surgery, Brown Medical School, Providence, RI
- Residency, Cardiovascular Surgery, Tokyo Women's Medical University, Japan
- Research Fellowship, Cardiovascular Sciences, Tokyo Women's Medical University, Japan
- PhD, Cardiovascular Surgery, Tokyo Women's Medical University, Japan
- MD, Asahikawa Medical College, Japan
- General Surgery
- Thoracic Surgery
- Society of Thoracic Surgeons
- International Society for Heart and Lung Transplant
- American College of Surgeons
1. “Primary pulmonary myxoid sarcoma, a potential mimic of metastatic extraskeletal myxoid chondrosarcoma.” Yanagida R, Balzer BL, Mckenna RJ, Fuller CB. Pathology. 2017 Dec;49(7):792-794
2. “Delayed sternal closure does not reduce complications associated with coagulopathy and right ventricular failure after left ventricular assist device implantation.” Yanagida R, Rajagopalan N, Davenport DL, Tribble TA, Bradley MA, Hoopes CW. J Artif Organs. 2017 Sep 25
3. “Left Ventricular Assist Device in Patients with Body Mass Index Greater than 30 as Bridge to Weight Loss and Heart Transplant Candidacy” Yanagida R, Czer L, Mirocha J, Rafiei M, Esmailian F, Moriguchi J, Kobashigawa J, Trento A. Transplantation Proc. 2014 Dec;46(10):3575-9.
4. “Success of left ventricular assist device therapy in uninsured patients” Rajagopalan N, Guglin M, Million K, Yanagida R, Hoopes CW. Int J Cardiol. 2014 Dec 20;177(3):1087-8.
5. “Insertion of Impella 5.0 to Improve Candidacy for HeartMate II Left Ventricular Assist Device Placement” Rajagopalan N, Yanagida R, Hoopes CW. J Invasive Cardiol. 2014 Apr;26(4):E40-1.
6. “Use of Ventricular Assist Device as a Bridge to Simultaneous Heart and Kidney Transplantation” Yanagida R, Ruzza A, Vespignani R, Czer L, Schwarz E, Simsir S, Jordan S, Cohen L, Trento A. Transplant Proc. 2013 Jul-Aug;45(6):2378-83.
7. “Impact of Virtual Cross Match on Waiting Times for Heart Transplantation” Yanagida R, Czer LS, Reinsmoen NL, Cao K, Rafiei M, De Robertis MA, Mirocha J, Kass RM, Kobashigawa JA, Trento A. Ann Thorac Surg. 2011 Dec;92(6):2104-10.
8. “Endovascular repair of arterio-bronchial fistula of the outflow graft of HeartMate II Left Ventricular Assist Device” Yanagida R, Khoynezhad A, Kass R, Czer L. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2011 Sep;142(3):710-1.
9. “Prototype anionic detergent technique used to decellularize allograft valve conduits evaluated in the right ventricular outflow tract in sheep” Hilbert SL, Yanagida R, Souza J, Wolfinbarger L, Jones AL, Krueger P, Stearns G, Bert A, Hopkins RA. J Heart Valve Dis. 2004 Sep; 13(5): 831-40.
10. “Regional differences in myocardial work of the left ventricle in patients with idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy: Implications for the surgical technique used for left ventriculoplasty” Yanagida R, Sugawara M, Kawai A, Koyanagi H. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2001 Sep; 122(3): 600-7. (Presented at Annual National Conference of the Japanese Association for Thoracic Surgery)
11. “Bilateral lung transplantation from a donor with thermal airway injury” Yanagida R, Seethamraju H, Anstead M, Hoopes CW. (To be reviewed by the Annals of Thoracic Surgery)