Mission, Vision, Program Goals
Temple University Physician Assistant Program will develop physician assistants who are recognized as leaders, educators and innovators in the delivery of high-quality healthcare that is accessible, affordable, compassionate and respectful of cultural diversity in the delivery of healthcare to all patients, especially those within our communities.
Temple University Physician Assistant Program will become a recognized leader in physician assistant education and training and a respected innovator in the research and delivery of interprofessional, culturally appropriate and patient-centered healthcare.
- Admit highly qualified students representing diverse backgrounds.
- Prepare compassionate and highly trained physician assistants to become leaders in healthcare.
- Train physician assistants to develop and use an evidence-based approach to deliver the highest quality patient-centered healthcare.
- Develop the skills needed as effective life-long learners.
- Cultivate collaborative patient care through integrated interprofessional training experiences.
- Foster high individual and professional ethical standards.
- Promote cultural awareness in the provision of care to a diverse society.
The Physician Assistant Program is also dedicated to fulfilling the mission, vision and goals of Temple University and the School of Medicine.
For more information about the Physician Assistant Program's accreditation status, please view the Accreditation Statement.