Jeremy G. Price, MD, PhD
Assistant Professor, Radiation Oncology
- About Me
- General external beam radiation
- 3-D conformal radiotherapy
- Stereotactic radiosurgery and radiotherapy
- Intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT)
- Image guided radiation therapy (IGRT)
- Gamma knife treatments
- Tumor immunology
- Oligometastatic disease
- Head and neck cancers
- Medical education
I earned my MD and PhD in tumor immunology from the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. I then completed my residency at Duke University Hospital, where I served as Chief Resident in my final year. I am a proud alumnus of the University of Pennsylvania and it is a distinct honor for me to return to care for the Philadelphia community as a member of the faculty at Temple University.
As part of Temple / Fox Chase Cancer Center, I treat patients with diverse cancer types, with special interests in gastrointestinal, head & neck, and gynecologic cancers. I specifically chose to join Temple because of the passion displayed by my colleagues and the deep appreciation for multi-disciplinary, patient-centered care.
I am also dedicated to medical education. I have published on novel methods to enhance radiation oncology residency education and I am actively involved with national education initiatives in the American Society of Radiation Oncology (ASTRO), RadOncQuestions.com, and the Radiation Oncology Education Collaborative Study Group (ROECSG).
My clinical research focuses on the interplay between the immune system, immunotherapies, and response to radiation therapies. This is a very exciting time in the history of our field and my goal is to make cancer treatments both more effective and safer for my patients.
I believe that it is a special privilege to be trusted with my patients’ health. This involves treating not just a cancer, but holistically addressing the needs, wants, hopes, and fears of my patients. I will always strive to go the extra mile for my patients and to empower them with the information they need to make nuanced decisions about their care.
- Education, Training & Credentials
- Residency, Radiation Oncology, Duke University, Durham, NC
- MD, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY
- PhD, Tumor Immunology, Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York, NY
- American Society of Radiation Oncology
- American College of Radiation Oncology
Honors & Awards
- Distinction in Medical Education Award, Icahn School of Medicine, 2012-2013
- AMA Seed Grant Award, 2012