Israh Akhtar, MD
Professor, Clinical Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
- Education, Training & Credentials
- Fellowship, Cytopathology, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, MS
- Residency, Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, Nassau University Medical Center, East Meadow, NY
- Residency, Pathology, Nassau University Medical Center, East Meadow, NY
- MD, Medical School University of Kashmir, Government Medical College, India
- Anatomic and Clinical Pathology
1. Maria F. Gonzalez, Israh Akhtar, Varsha Manucha. Changing trends and practices in cytopathology. Acta Cytologica 2017;61(2):91-95. PMID: 28324872
2. Israh Akhtar, Veena Shenoy, Majid Khan and Ali G. Saad. Histological, Histochemical and Cytological Features of a Large Retroperitoneal Tumefactive IgG4-related Disease: Report of a Very Rare Case. Applied Immunohistochemistry & Molecular Morphology. August 2017. PMID: 28800014. Imaging Review
3. Maria Gonzalez, Israh Akhtar, Varsha Manucha- Additional diagnostic features of mammary analogue secretory carcinoma (secretory carcinoma) on cytology. Cytopathology; 2017;1–4.
4. Swati Dhar, PhD; Avinash Kumar, PhD; Christian R Gomez, PhD; Israh Akhtar, M.D.; John C Hancock, M.D.; Janice M Lage, M.D.; Charles R Pound, M.D.; Anait S Levenson, M.D., Ph.D. Targeting MTA1/HIF-1α signaling by pterostilbene in combination with histone deacetylase inhibitor attenuates prostate cancer progression (CAM4-2017-06-0826) Cancer Medicine. Article ID: CAM41209. Article DOI: 10.1002/cam4.1209.Internal Article ID: 14571693 PMID: 29024573
5. Manucha V, Shenoy V, Vargas M, Akhtar I, Shenoy D, Lewin J. Quality management in surgical pathology. Journal of the Mississippi Medical Association. 2017; 107; 58 (4):119-120.
6. Manucha V, Sessums MT, Lewin J, Akhtar I. Cyto-histological correlation of Xp11.2 translocation/TFE3 gene fusion associated renal cell carcinoma: Report of a case with review of literature. Diagn Cytopathol. 2017 Oct 12. doi: 10.1002/dc.23839. PMID: 29024535
7. Garla, Vishnu; Akhtar, Israh; Salim, Sohail; Subauste, Angela. Osteitis fibrosa cystica masquerading as bone neoplasm British Medical Journal Ref: bcr-2018-224546.R1. PMID29735505
8. Manucha V, Shenoy V, Vargas M, Akhtar I, Shenoy D, Lewin J. How Clinicians Can Better Interface with Surgical Pathologists for Better Patient Care. Journal of the Mississippi Medical Association 2018; 59 (2):82-83.
9. Manucha V, Hansen JT, Gonzalez MF, Akhtar I. Role of cytology and immunochemistry in diagnosis of metastatic malignancies in the lung: A critical appraisal. Diagn Cytopathol. 2018 Nov;46(11):936-944. doi: 10.1002/dc.24034. 2018 Oct 24. PMID30353676
10. Akhtar I, Manucha V. Rapid On-Site Evaluation (ROSE) of Spine lesions. Neuroimaging Clinics of North AmericaRapid On-Site Evaluation (ROSE) of Spine lesions- (2019)
11. Varsha Manucha, Tejal Patel, Dianne Grunes, Israh Akhtar. Threshold for interpretation of p16 immunostaining in fine-needle aspirate specimens of metastatic oropharyngeal squamous cell carcinoma