Preliminary Course Request Form
The amount of time and preplanning for a successful simulation course can vary and depends on the complexity of the event, available resources, existing courses, and competing demands.
Allow at least 8 weeks to plan, develop, and pilot your new course prior to your desired implementation date. Complex courses may require additional time.
Working in collaboration with the Institute for Clinical Simulation (ICS) staff, all course materials must be finalized and approved by the ICS curriculum review committee at least 3 weeks prior to the requested date.
A confirmation email will be sent when the course is scheduled.
The ICS reserves the right to postpone a course.
Workflow following submission of the Preliminary Course Request Form:
- Request is reviewed by the ICS curriculum review committee.
- Contact person receives an email notification for the next steps.
- If the request is approved, meet with the ICS staff to discuss the course, develop content, identify resources etc.
- Submit the final course materials at least 3 weeks prior to the requested date.
- Receive a confirmation email that the course is scheduled.
- Pilot the course.
- Implement the course.
- Debrief with ICS staff.
* - Indicates the field is required.