David Karras, MD, FACEP, FAAEM
Associate Dean, Curriculum
Associate Chair, Academic Affairs
Professor, Emergency Medicine
- Contact Information
- Education, Training & Credentials
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA, 1990
- MD, New York University, School of Medicine, New York, NY, 1987
- BA, Behavioral Biology, University of Pennsylvania College of Arts and Sciences, Philadelphia, PA, 1983
- Internal Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
- National Board of Medical Examiners
- American College of Emergency Physicians
- Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
- Fellow, American Academy of Emergency Medicine
Honors & Awards
- Outstanding Educator in Emergency Medicine, Lewis Katz School of Medicine, 2005, 2010
- Excellence in Teaching Award, Emergency Medicine Residency Program, Temple University Hospital, 2008
Karras DJ. Case studies in emergency medicine. In: Spandorfer J, Pohl C, Nasca T, Rattner SL, Eds. Professionalism in Medicine: The Case-Based Guide for Medical Students. Cambridge University Press, 2009; in press.
Heilpern KL, Karras DJ. Cardiopulmonary complications of cocaine. Emergency Medicine Reports 1994; 15: 1-8.
Karras DJ. Asthma: current therapeutic strategies and comprehensive patient management. Emergency Medicine Reports 1994; 15:171-181.
Karras DJ. Otitis media in children. Emergency Medicine Reports 1996; 17: 111-118.
Demangone D, Karras DJ. The clinical challenge of tuberculosis. Emergency Medicine Reports 1997; 17: 235-244. Collapse