Sarah Abdulla, MD
Assistant Professor, Clinical Radiology
- Education, Training & Credentials
- MD, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- Fellowship, Interventional Radiology, New York Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medicine, New York, NY
- Residency, Diagnostic Radiology, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA
- MS, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA
Honors & Awards
- American College of Radiology Ghesani-Kajani East Africa Radiology Scholarship Grant to Aga Khan Hospital, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, 2016
- Pennsylvania Radiological Society Scholarship for Participation in the Radiological Leadership Institute, Harvard Emerging Leaders Seminar, 2016
- Scholarship, Society of Radiologists in Ultrasound Resident Program, SRU Annual Meeting, Chicago, 2015
- Scholarship, Introduction to Academic Radiology Seminar, Radiological Society of North America Scientific Assembly and Annual Meeting, Chicago 2013
- Research Grant, NIH – National Heart, Lung, Blood Institute, 2010-2011
Ultrasound guided diagnosis and treatment of a diffuse venous malformation. S Abdulla and S Yilmaz. Ultrasound Quarterly. Volume 32. Issue 4. p387-390. Dec 2016.
Book Chapter: Cavernous Transformation. S Abdulla and M Heller. Case book on Abdominal Ultrasound. Editors: Drs Mark E Lockhart and Corinne Deurdulian. Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers Pvt Ltd. 2016.
Canal of Nuck hernia: A Case Series. S Abdulla, S Tadros, JE Squires, and JH Squires. Poster presentation – International Pediatric Radiology Meeting & Exhibition: Chicago, IL, May 2016.
Trying to unravel the causes of small bowel pathology on CT. S Abdulla, H Amr, O Almusa. Educational Exhibit – American Roentgen Ray Society: San Diego, CA. May 2014.
Quantitative assessment of global lung inflammation following radiation therapy using FDG PET/CT: a pilot study. Abdulla S, Salavati A, Saboury B, Basu S, Torigian DA, Alavi A. Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2014 Feb; 41(2):350-6.
Disparities in breast cancer outcomes and higher mortality rates in African American women. S Abdulla and J Sumkin. Poster – Health Disparities Conference: University of Pittsburgh Medical Center. Oct 2013.
A preliminary study of a novel image analysis methodology for quantification of lung tumor response and lung inflammation post- radiation therapy on FDG-PET/CT. S Abdulla, B Saboury, F Hofheinz, A Alavi, and D Torigian. Poster - Society of Nuclear Medicine Annual Meeting: San Antonio, Texas. June 2011.