Daniel del Portal, MD, MBA
Associate Professor, Clinical Emergency Medicine
Associate Director, Clinical Operations, Department of Emergency Medicine, Temple University Hospital
President, Temple University Hospital Medical Staff
- Contact Information
- About Me
- Emergency medicine
- Cardiac arrest
- Health care quality improvement
- Anticoagulant reversal
- Emergency department operations
- Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation
- Opioid alternatives
- Pulmonary embolus
- Education, Training & Credentials
- Residency, Emergency Medicine, Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
- MD, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- MBA, Fox School of Business, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA
- Emergency Medicine
- American Academy of Emergency Medicine
- American Board of Emergency Medicine
Honors & Awards
- Faculty Excellence in Teaching Award, Temple Emergency Medicine Residency
- Excellence in Emergency Medicine Award, Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
del Portal DA, Shofer FS, Dorsey PJ, Gaieski D, Goyal M, Mikkelsen ME, Synnestvedt M, Weiner M, Pines JM. Emergency department lactate is associated with mortality in older adults admitted with and without infections. Academic Emergency Medicine. 2010;17:260-8.
del Portal DA, Karras DJ. Commentary. Update on emerging infections: news from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Surveillance for foodborne disease outbreaks – United States, 2009-2010. Ann Emerg Med. 2013; 62:93-94.
del Portal DA, Horn AE, Vilke GM, Chan TC, Ufberg JW. Emergency department management of shoulder dystocia. J Emerg Med 2014; 46:378-82.
Kozin ED, Sethi RK, Remenschneider AK, Kaplan AB, del Portal DA, Gray ST, Shrime MG, Lee DJ. Epidemiology of otologic diagnoses in United States emergency departments. Laryngoscope. 2015 Aug;125(8):1926-33.
del Portal D, Harrigan R. (2015) Basic Statistics: Means, P values, and Confidence Intervals. In K. Guluma, M. Wilson & S. Hayden (Eds.), Doing Research in Emergency and Acute Care: Making Order Out of Chaos (pp. 191-196). Oxford, UK: Wiley & Sons.
del Portal DA, Healy ME, Satz WA, McNamara RM. Impact of an opioid prescribing guideline in the acute care setting. J Emerg Med 2016; 50:21-27.
del Portal D, Wald D. A Shock Workshop for 1st Year medical Students Using Novel Teaching Methods. West J Emerg Med. 2017;18:s38-39.
del Portal DA, DeAngelis MA, Schreyer K, Repanshek ZD. Resident as Expert: A Novel Approach to Teaching and Practicing Quality Improvement. West J Emerg Med. 2017;18:s64.