Sam Stern, MD
- Contact Information
- Education, Training & Credentials
- Residency, Internal Medicine, University of Maryland Medical Center, Baltimore, MD
- MD, SUNY Downstate Medical Center College of Medicine, Brooklyn, NY
- Internal Medicine
Honors & Awards
- Outstanding Senior Resident Award for Excellence in Teaching, University of Maryland School of Medicine, 2016
- Gold Humanism Honor Society Inductee, 2015
- International Health Fellowship, SUNY Downstate Medical Center College of Medicine, 2013
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society, 2009
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society, 2009
- University Honors Program, University of Maryland, College Park, 2006-2009
- President’s Scholarship, 2005
Calderon Y, Cowan E, Schramm C, Stern S, Brusalis C, Iscoe M, Rahman S, Verma R, Leider J. HCV and HBV testing acceptability and knowledge among urban emergency department patients and pharmacy clients. Prev Med 2014; 61: 29-33. PMID 2438229.
Stern S. Infectious Disease Chapter, University of Maryland Medical Center Intern Survival Guide 2015.
Stern S, Herr D. E-CPR for the Internist, a narrative review. Submitted for review.
Calderon Y, Cowan E, Schramm C, Stern S, Brusalis C, Leider J. Testing preferences and knowledge of HBV and HCV among a New York City emergency department patient population. 6th IAS Conference on HIV Pathogenesis and Treatment. Rome, Italy, July 2011 and 18th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections (CROI). Boston, Massachusetts, February 2011.
Stern S. A case of thyroid storm. American College of Physicians Associates’ Day. Baltimore, Maryland, May 2014.
Gandhi S, Stern S. Intramedullary spinal cord abscess from viridans streptococci. American College of Physicians Associates’ Day. Baltimore, Maryland, May 2016.