In This Section
Roman Petrov, MD, PhD, FACS
Associate Professor, Thoracic Medicine and Surgery
- About Me
- Lung cancer
- Esophageal cancer
- Benign Foregut diseases
- Esophageal motility disorders
- Chest wall deformities, trauma and infections
- Thoracic outlet syndrome
- VATS and robotic thoracic surgery
- Therapeutic endoscopy
- Minimally invasive surgery for esophageal cancer
- Localization of pulmonary nodules
- VATS Lobectomy and segmentectomy
- Paraesophageal hernias
- POEM, POP, STER, EFTR, ESD
- Education, Training & Credentials
- Fellowship, Minimally Invasive Thoracic and Esophageal Surgery, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA, 2012
- Residency Cardiothoracic Surgery, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Pittsburgh, PA, 2012
- Residency, General Surgery, Albany Medical Center, Albany, NY, 2010
- Residency, General Surgery, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, 2007
- Fellowship, Vascular Surgery, Swedish Medical Center, Seattle, WA, 2005
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, Moscow State University of Medicine and Dentistry, Moscow, Russia, 1999
- Residency, General Surgery, Moscow State University of Medicine and Dentistry, Moscow, Russia, 1998
- MHA, Moscow State University of Medicine and Dentistry, Moscow, Russia, 1996
- MD, Moscow State University of Medicine and Dentistry, Moscow, Russia, 1996
- Surgery, Thoracic and Cardiac
- Fellow of American College of Surgeons (FACS)
- Society of Thoracic Surgeons
- General Thoracic Surgery Club
- European Society of Thoracic Surgeons
- Society of Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES)
- Russian American Medical Assocation (RAMA)
- Kaplan Honor Medical Society
- Moscow Surgical Society
- Russian Association of Minimally Invasive Surgery
Honors & Awards
- Best Score Among All Residents Inservice Examination Award, American Board of Thoracic Surgery, 2012
- Commendation for Excellence in Trauma Care, Memorial Health System, 2015
- Scholarship for Ethicon Thoracic Minimally Invasive and Robotic Surgery Fellowship, AATS Graham Foundation, 2016
- Petrov R, Elbahloul O, Gallichio MH, Stellrecht K, Conti D. Monthly screening for polyoma virus eliminates BK nephropathy and preserves renal function. Surg Infect. 2009 Feb;10(1):85-90. PMID: 19298172.
- Conti D, Petrov R, Elbalhoul O, Gallichio M. Sirolimus-based, calcineurin-inhibitor sparing immunotherapy, long-term (6-year) results. Transpl Immunol. 2008 Nov; 20(1-2): 12-3. PMID: 18793727.
- Friedrich J, Petrov R, Askay S, Clark M, Foy H, Isik F, Dellinger P, Klein M, Engrav L. Resection of panniculus morbidus: a salvage procedure with a steep learning curve.. Plast Reconstr Surg.. 2008 Jan; 121(1): 108-14. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 18176212.
- Tehrani N., Anoushiravani A., Bhakta A., Petrov R., Tafen M., Samuels S. Non-operative Management of Water Injection Injury to the Neck. J of Pediatric Surgical Cases. In press.
- Imaging of the esophagus. Chapter In TSRA primer of the cardlothoracic surgery.
- Endoscopic ultrasound. Chapter In TSRA primer of the cardiothoracic surgery
- Antlreflux Procedures. Chapter In TSRA primer of the cardiothoracic surgery
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome. In TSRA Clinical Scenarios In Cardiothoracic Surgery. Red. TC. Nguyen, G. Loar. TSRA, 2013. Pp 128-136.
- Esophageal Cancer. In TSRA Clinical Scenarios in Cardlothoracic Surgery. Red. TC. Nguyen, G. Loor. TSRA, 2013. Pp 136-153.