A Message from the Director
The Temple Clinical Research Institute (TCRI) was established within the Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University in May 2014. The Institute’s mission is to provide a transformative infrastructure of expertise and resources designed to enhance and accelerate multidisciplinary clinical research of the highest quality throughout Temple Health.
A multidisciplinary team of faculty and staff has been assembled to facilitate clinical research within a structure of five focused cores. These include Clinical Research Development, Administration, Implementation, and Regulatory Affairs. The fifth core, Community Engagement, focuses on our premiere Temple Health: Block-By-Block initiative designed to simultaneously enrich research participation, broaden our research portfolio, and improve the health of the North Philadelphia community.
Using an integrated approach, TCRI facilitates:
- creation of synergistic multidisciplinary teams to address new research opportunities
- access to biostatistical and bioinformatics support to assure optimal research designs and analytics
- establishment of integrated partnerships to develop productive relationships with external clinical research sponsors
- optimal scientific productivity with a patient-centered and ethical approach
- implementation of best practices in clinical research administration to streamline business processes
- adherence to good clinical practice and regulatory compliance to safeguard investigators and to lead to high quality clinical research data
TCRI also provides a broad scope of educational opportunities for faculty, staff, and trainees across the research translation continuum in order to expand institutional proficiency in all aspects of clinical investigation.
I encourage you to become familiar with all that TCRI has to offer. We are excited to have the opportunity to support your research endeavors, collaborate with your research teams, and promote Temple University as a nationally-recognized research institution committed to urban health improvement.
Susan G. Fisher, MS, PhD
Associate Dean, Clinical Research
Director, Temple Clinical Research Institute
Chair, Department of Clinical Sciences
Professor, Clinical Sciences