William Dubin, MD
Chair, Psychiatry and Behavioral Science
Chief Medical Officer, Temple University Hospital - Episcopal Campus
Professor, Psychiatry and Behavioral Science
- Contact Information
- About Me
- Aggression management
- Emergency psychiatry
- Inpatient Psychiatry
- Education, Training & Credentials
- Residency, Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA, 1977
- MD, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC, 1974
- Undergraduate degree, University of Richmond, Richmond, VA, 1970
- American Psychiatric Association
- Pennsylvania Psychiatric Society
- Philadelphia Psychiatric Society
- Pennsylvania Medical Society
- Philadelphia County Medical Society
- American College of Psychiatrists
Honors & Awards
- The Paul J. Fink Leadership Award Presented by the Philadelphia Psychiatric Society, 2015
- Presidential Award Presented by the Philadelphia Psychiatric Society, 2007
- Marie J. Mignogna, MD Faculty Award "For Excellence in Teaching," 2003
- Daniel Blain Award, 2000
Lion JR, Dubin WR, Futrell G (eds). Creating a Secure Workplace: Effective Policies and Practices in Healthcare. American Hospital Publishing, Inc., Chicago, 1996.
Dubin WR, Weiss KJ. Handbook of Psychiatric Emergencies. Springhouse Corporation, Springhouse, PA, 1991.
Dubin, WR, Ning A: “Violence Toward Mental Health Professionals” in Textbook of Violence Assessment and Management edited by Simon RI and Tardiff K, American Psychiatric Publishing Inc, Washington, DC, 2008, pp 461-481.
Slaby AE, Dubin WR, Baron DA. Other Psychiatric Emergencies. In: Kaplan and Sadock's Comprehensive Textbook of Psychiatry, 8th ed., Vol. 2. Sadock BJ, Sadock VA (eds). Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, pp. 2453-2471, 2005.
Dubin WR. Clinician Safety. In: Medical Management of the Violent Patient: Clinical Assessment and Therapy. Tardiff K (ed). Marcal Dekker, Inc., New York, 1999.
Dubin WR, Hatti S. Developing a Continuum of Care: The Treatment Paradigm for the 21st Century. In: Behavioral Health Services Delivery: Models and Methods. Boruch F (ed). The American College of Physician Executives, Tampa, FL, 1998.
Dubin WR. Management and Treatment of Violent Patients. In: Directions in Psychiatry. Flach F (ed), Vol. 17. The Hatherleigh Co., New York, 1997.
Dubin WR. Can Providers and Payers Collaborate? In: Controversies in Managed Mental Health Care. Lazarus A (ed). American Psychiatric Press, Washington, DC, 1996.
Dubin WR, Lion JR. Violence Against the Medical Profession. In: Creating a Secure Workplace: Effective Policies and Practices in Healthcare. Lion JR, Dubin WR, Futrell G (eds). American Hospital Publishing, Inc., Chicago, 1996.
Dubin WR. Assaults with Weapons. In: Patient Violence and the Clinician. Eichelman BS, Hartwig AC. American Psychiatric Press, 1995.
Dubin WR. Psychiatric Emergencies: Recognition and Management. In: Clinical Psychiatry for Medical Students, 2nd ed. Stoudemire A (ed). J.B. Lippincott Company, Philadelphia, PA, 1994.