The Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University (LKSOM) currently accepts international medical students from medical schools that have an existing affiliation agreement with us. For 2017/18 these are:
- Addis Ababa University
- Change Gung University
- Fu Jen Catholic University
- Keio University
- National Taiwan University
- People’s Hospital of Changzhou
- Renji Hospital
- Royal College of Surgeons
- Seoul National University
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- Technion Israel Institute
- The University of Malaga
- University of Milan
- The University of Pernambuco
- University of Panama
- University of Trieste
- Students may only rotate February through April.
- Each student may take up to two (2) rotations.
- Rotations must follow the LKSOM 17/18 fourth year block schedule.
- International visiting students must be full-time students in their final year of medical school.
In some cases, the affiliated institution provides the names of students who will be rotating at LKSOM. In cases where students apply directly, you must supply:
- A completed application
- Letter of Good Standing from your home institution
- Official Transcript, translated into English
- Immunization record, translated into English, or completed using this form.
- Proof of Health Insurance
- Proof of Malpractice Coverage
- Current Criminal Background Check
- A copy of your passport
- Proof of blood-borne and air-borne pathogens training in English
- Proof of proficiency in English, by submitting a TOEFL score of at least 95 on the internet-based test or at least 600 on the paper based test, or a letter of attestation from the Dean for students from Renji (China) and Fu Jen (Taiwan)
All information should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students will be notified of their acceptance/non-acceptance within four weeks of LKSOM having received their completed applications.
Students should consult with their home institution about required immigration forms and documentation required to travel to the United States.
For more information on the visiting student program, please contact email@example.com.
The Lewis Katz School of Medicine does not provide housing for visiting medical students. We recommend you read this list of housing units to search for accommodations. Additional information is available from the university on off campus housing resources.