Nirag C. Jhala, MD
Professor, Pathology & Laboratory Medicine
Director, Anatomic Pathology/Cytology
- Contact Information
- About Me
- Gastrointestinal tract pathology
- Endoscopically guided fine needle aspirates
- Refining diagnostic algorithms based on morphology
- Translating and validating biomarkers
- Education, Training & Credentials
- Fellowship, Gastrointestinal Tract Pathology, Baylor College of Medicine, 1999
- Fellowship, Cytopathology, Allegheny University Hospitals, 1998
- Fellowship, Nephropathology, Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, 1997
- Residency, Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, Allegheny University Hospitals, 1997
- MD, Gujarat University, Ahmedabad, 1989
- Residency, Pathology, Kanaiyalal Maneklal School of Medicine and Research,1987
- Internship, Smt NHL Municipal Medical College, 1986
- MBBS, Gujarat University, Smt NHL Municiple Medical College, 1985
- International Society of Civilization Diseases and Environment
- International Academy of Cytology
- American Society of Cytology
- Roger C Haggit Gastrointestinal Tract Pathology Society
Chhieng DC and Jhala N: Where do they come from? Evaluation of Unknown Primary Site of Origin. Chapter 11. Cytopathologic Diagnosis of Serous Fluids. Shidham VB and Atkinson BF (eds.). Elsevier, 1st edition: 157-169, 2007.
Jhala N, Jhala D, Chhieng D: Cytopathologic Diagnosis of Serous Fluids. Chapter 6. Atlas of Diagnostic Cytopathology. Shidham VB and Atkinson BF (eds.). Elsevier, 1st edition: 79-89, 2007.
Smith PD, Jhala NC, Wilcox CM,Janoff EN: Complications of AIDS and other immunodeficiencystates, Chapter 75. Atlas of Gastroenterology. Tadataka Yamada (eds.). Wiley Page: 779-786, March 2009.
Jhala D and Jhala N: A cytology primer for endosonographers. Chapter 21. Endosonography. Robert Hawes and Paul Fockens. Associate Editor: Shyam Varadarajulu (eds.). Elsevier, Page: 234-251, 2011.
Nirag Jhala, Darshana Jhala : Definitions in tissue acquisition: core biopsy, cell block, and beyond. Gastrointest Endosc Clin N Am. 24(1): 19-27, January 2014.
Wee A, Jhala N, Sampatanukul P: Cytohistology of Focal Liver Lesions. Sponsor: Papanicolaou Society of Cytology. Wee A, Sampatanukul P and Jhala N. Series Eds: Pittman M and Geisinger K (eds.). Cambridge University Press 2014. Collapse