Mark Weiner, MD
Assistant Dean, Informatics
Professor, Clinical Sciences
- Contact Information
- About Me
- Preventive medicine
- Quality measurement and improvement
- Health services research
- Education, Training & Credentials
- Fellowship, Applied Informatics, School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, 1998
- Fellowship, Internal Medicine, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, 1997
- Residency, Internal Medicine, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, 1995
- Internship, Internal Medicine, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, 1993
- MD, School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, 1992
- BSE, Computer Science Engineering, University of Pennsylvania, 1988
- American Medical Informatics Association
- American College of Physicians
Research publications, peer-reviewed reviews:
Weiner MG. Lyman JA. MurphyS. Weiner M. Electronic health records: high-quality electronic data for higher-quality clinical research. Informatics in Primary Care. 15(2):121-7, 2007.
Weiner MG, Dorr DA, Garvin JH, Kho AN, Pifer R, Bates DW.: Health information technology's potential to improve care: What is the reality? 102:37-44. Texas Medicine Vol. 102: 37-44, 2006.
Weiner MG, Pifer E: Computerized Decision Support and the Quality of Care. Managed Care Vol. 9:41-51,2000.
Editorials, peer-reviewed journals:
Weiner MG, Embi P. Toward Reuse of Clinical Data for Research and Quality Improvement: The End of the Beginning? Annals of Internal Medicine. 151:359-360, 2009.
Editorials, Reviews, Chapters, including participation in committee reports (print or other media):
Craven CK, Koppel R, Weiner MG. The Role of Evidence, Information and Knowledge: Information and evidence failures in daily work: how they can affect the safety of care. Patient Safety:Perspectives on Evidence, Information and Knowledge Transfer, Zipperer L (ed). 2014 (in press)
Garvin JH, Weiner MG: Informatics evaluation and outcomes research related to core HIM functions. Health Informatics Research Methods Layman EJ, WatzlafVJ (eds.). AHIMA,Page: 159-76,2008
Pifer E, Weiner MG, Williams SV. "Computerized Therapeutic Decision Support," Encyclopedia ofBiostatistics Second Edition, P. Armitage and T. Colton eds. Sussex: John Wiley & Sons Ltd, 2005.
Weiner MG, Pifer E, Williams SV. "Computer-Aided Diagnosis," Encyclopedia of Biostatistics Second Edition, P. Armitage and T. Colton eds. Sussex: John Wiley & Sons Ltd, 2005.