Join Our Response for Coronavirus (COVID-19)
As the Lewis Katz School of Medicine and Temple Health actively respond to the significant and growing public health threat facing our region and the nation, you can join our efforts to challenge this crisis as one.
Donate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Temple Health is looking to secure greater supplies of PPE as more and more patients enter the hospital system because of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. Please join us in the fight against COVID-19 by making a PPE donation of any size:
Contribute to Our Emergency Funds
Philanthropic support for our emergency funds will help fight the COVID-19 pandemic and its ripple effects:
- The Student Emergency Fund supports Lewis Katz School of Medicine students with emergency items and services needed to support their health, well-being and continued medical education.
- The Temple University Hospital Emergency Fund supports the hospital in its immediate ability to respond to the current COVID-19 emergency.
- The Community Emergency Fund supports the immediate and evolving needs of the Philadelphia’s most vulnerable populations—especially senior citizens, immunocompromised and chronically ill neighbors and families with small children.
Gifts of every amount make a difference. Thank you!
Donate Phone Chargers and Entertainment Options for our Patients
Our patients need your help! We are seeking extra phone chargers, books, and magazines to distribute to patients in the hospital. Learn how to donate these items >>
Support the Food Drive for Our North Philadelphia Neighbors
Many families in North Philadelphia -- especially seniors and those with chronic illness -- are going without food during this pandemic. To help, a food packing and delivery service has been operating in MERB, staffed by volunteers of the Center for Urban Bioethics and TUHS Population Health. Your support of this effort can make a huge difference.
Currently, we are delivering food and essentials to about 360 individuals -- concentrating on senior citizens, those with high-risk health challenges, and children – in the area of 7th to 22nd streets and Allegheny to Erie Avenues. Please help us expand our reach.
Here are four ways you can help:
- Drop off items in MERB in the donation box next to the security desk (front lobby).
- Use Amazon or Costco (or another warehouse membership) to ship items to Dr. Kathleen Reeves, Lewis Katz School of Medicine, 3500 N. Broad, Philadelphia, PA 19140 (please email the tracking information to firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Donate funds to the Community Emergency Fund, which supports the Center for Urban Bioethics' work addressing the immediate needs of our most vulnerable neighbors.
- If you have associates in the grocery business from whom we can purchase items, please contact Nicolle Strand (email@example.com). We need to expand our base, as items are difficult to get.
- Canned tuna or tuna in pouches
- Granola bars
- Pasta sauce in jars or cans
- Packaged pasta meals
- Boxed macaroni and cheese
- Canned beans
- Packaged rice (or rice and beans)
- Bottled water
- Instant oats or grits
- Canned vegetables
- Canned soup
- Stovetop stuffing mix
- Canned sausage or chicken
- Canned/packaged fruit
- Nutri-Grain/protein bars or equivalent
- Canned corned beef
- Vienna sausage
- Velveeta cheese
- Instant mashed potatoes
- Personal items: soap, shampoo, toothpaste, female napkins, diapers.
Please share this request with your friends and neighbors. Referrals and questions? Contact Nicolle Strand: firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your generosity and support.