Gregg E. Gorton, MD, DFAPA
Associate Professor, Clinical Psychiatry & Behavioral Medicine
- Contact Information
- About Me
- Inpatient psychiatry
- Personality disorders
- Boundaries in professional relationships
- Education, Training & Credentials
- Fellowship, Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy, The Austen Riggs Center, Inc., 1986
- Residency, Psychiatry, The Cambridge Hospital, Cambridge, MA, 1984
- Internship, Internal Medicine, Boston City Hospital, Boston, MA, 1982
- MD, School of Medicine, Tufts University, Boston, MA, 1981
- BA, Anthropology, Harvard College, Cambridge, MA, 1974
Books, Monographs, Chapters
Gorton. GE. Akhtar, S: Personality Disorder, in Conn, R, Ed.: Current Diagnosis, 8th Ed. Philadelphia, W.B. Saunders, 1991, pp. 1065-1068.
Gorton, GE: Personality Disorders, in Stoudemire, A, Ed.: Clinical Psychiatry for Medical Students, 3rd ed. Philadelphia, Lippincott-Raven, 1998, pp. 186-241.
Gorton, GE. Swirsky-Sacchetti, T, Sobel, R, Samuel, S, Gordon, A: Neuropsychological Functions in Personality Disorder, in Calev, A, Ed.: Assessment of 8 Neuropsychological Functions in Psychiatric Disorders. Washington, DC, American Psychiatric Press, 1999.
Calev, A, Preston, T, Samuel, S, Gorton. GE: Clinical Neuropsychological Assessment of Psychiatric Disorders, in Calev, A, Ed.: Assessment of Neuropsychological Functions in Psychiatric Disorders. Washington, DC, American Psychiatric Press, 1999.
S. Gorton. GE: A Journey with Homo Aves through the Human Aviary, Chapter 6 in Akhtar, Sand Volkan, V, Eds. Mental Zoo: Animals in the Human Mind and Its Pathology. New York: International Universities Press, 2005, pp. 160-199.