In This Section
Held daily at 7:00am and twice weekly at 12:00pm to provide fellows with protected didactic educational time.
- Monday AM: Cath conference
- Tuesday AM: M&M -or- Grand Rounds
- Tuesday PM: EKG conference
- Wednesday AM: Echo conference
- Thursday AM: Preventative Cardiology -or- Valve conference
- Thursday PM: Heart Failure conference
- Friday AM: EP conference
- Regularly scheduled journal clubs are held with engaged faculty mentoring critical review of clinically relevant publications across a spectrum of cardiology topics
Morbidity & Mortality
- Collaborative case review with section faculty and fellows that stimulates conversation about best practices, patient safety, near-misses and clinical learning.
Cardiology Grand Rounds
- An opportunity to enhance medical knowledge and clinical skill; to have open dialog with thought-leaders and national experts on topics in cardiovascular medicine.
- Structural heart team and fellow case review with a focus on the presentation of valvular disease, discussing therapeutic options, procedural indications, technical feasibility and patient outcomes with a multidisciplinary group that brings clinical education from multiple perspectives