In This Section
Crystal A. Gadegbeku, MD, FAHA, FACP, FASN
Chief, Section of Nephrology, Hypertension and Kidney Transplantation
Vice Chair of Community Outreach, Department of Medicine
Professor, Center for Asian Health
- Contact Information
- About Me
- Chronic kidney disease
- Hypertension in chronic kidney disease
- Pregnancy in chronic kidney disease
- Assessment of renal function
- Clinical investigation of defects in vascular biology associated with hypertension and accelerated vascular disease in patients with kidney disease. Currently, studies explore the role of vascular nitric oxide in regulating alpha-adrenergic vasoreactivity and the impact of nitric oxide system defects (associated with kidney disease) on adrenergic vascular responsiveness.
- Translational investigation of kidney disease and kidney disease progression.
- Investigation on recruitment and retention of diverse populations into cardiovascular/renal clinical research.
- Education, Training & Credentials
- Fellowship, University of Virginia Hospital
- Internship and Residency, University of Virginia Hospital
- MD, University of Virginia School of Medicine
- BA, Chemistry, Bucknell University
- Internal Medicine
- American Society of Nephrology
- International Society of Nephrology
- American Heart Association
- International Society of Hypertension in Blacks