Christine M. Jones, MD
Assistant Professor, Surgery
- Contact Information
- About Me
- Craniomaxillofacial reconstruction
- Orthognathic (jaw) surgery
- Reconstruction after skin cancer (malignant melanoma, squamous cell carcinoma, basal cell carcinoma)
- Pediatric plastic surgery
- Aesthetic surgery and noninvasive rejuvenation
- Breast reconstruction
- Lower extremity reconstruction / limb salvage
- General plastic and reconstructive surgery
- Outcomes research in craniofacial surgery
- Global surgery for underserved populations
- Minimally invasive methods in craniofacial surgery
- Limb salvage
- Education, Training & Credentials
- Residency, Integrated Plastic Surgery, Penn State Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, Pennsylvania
- Fellowship, Craniofacial and Pediatric Plastic Surgery, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital, Cincinnati, Ohio
- MD, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania
- Plastic Surgery
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Northeastern Society of Plastic Surgery
- Robert H. Ivy Society of Plastic Surgery
- American Society of Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Cleft Palate Association
Honors & Awards
- Women Plastic Surgeons Travel Award, WPS Forum of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, 2017
- Stryker Fellowship, Operation Smile, 2016
- Stephen H. Miller Resident Teaching Award, Penn State College of Medicine, 2016
- Outstanding Paper Presentation Award, American Society of Plastic Surgeons, 2014
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society, 2010
Jones CM, van Aalst JA. Facial fractures and soft tissue injuries. In: Chung KC, ed. Grabb and Smith’s Plastic Surgery. 8th ed. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. 2019.
Jones CM, Roth B, Mercado AM, Russel KA, Daskalogiannakis J, Samson TD, Hathaway RR, Smith A, Mackay DR, Long RE. The Americleft project: Comparison of ratings using 2D vs. 3D images for evaluation of nasolabial appearance in patients with unilateral cleft lip and palate. J Craniofac Surg. 2018; 29: 105-108.
Jones CM, Rothermel AT, Mackay DR. Wound management: Evidence-based MOC. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2017; 140: 201e-216e.
Phelan AL, Jones CM, Ceschini AS, Henry CR, Mackay DR, Samson TD. Sparing a craniotomy: The role of intraoperative methylene blue in management of midline dermoid cysts. Plast Reconst Surg. 2017; 139: 1445-1451.
Jones CM,Morrow BT, Albright WA, Long RE, Samson TD, Mackay DR. Structural fat grafting to improve reconstructive outcomes in secondary cleft lip deformity. Cleft Palate Craniofac J. 2017; 54: 70.
Jones CM, Phelan AL, Samson TD. Pedicled lower extremity fillet flap for coverage of massive pelvic wounds. JPRAS. 2016; 69: 1516-1520.
Jones CM, Mackay AF, Mackay DR, Long RE. Do pharyngeal flaps restrict early midface growth in patients with clefts? Cleft Palate Craniofac J. 2016; 53: 629-633.
Jones CM, Winder JS, Potochny JD, Pauli EM. Posterior component separation with transversus abdominis release: technique, utility, and outcomes in complex abdominal wall reconstruction. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2016; 137: 636-646.
Jones CM, Campbell CA, Magee WP, Ayala R, Mackay DR. The expanding role of education and research in international healthcare. Ann Plast Surg. 2016; 76: S151-S154.
Jones C, Ehrlich HP. Fibroblast expression of α-smooth muscle actin, α2β1 integrin and αvβ integrin: influence of surface rigidity. Exp Mol Pathol. 2011 Aug; 91 (1): 394-9.
Lo AL, Tyrell RO, Golarz SR, Jones CM. Reducing wound hemorrhage: Use of bilayer collagen matrix in chronic myelogenous leukemia. Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open. 2019; 7: e2532.
Taylor KF, Sharma J, Davisson NA, Roush EP, Jones CM, Lewis GS. Effect of metacarpal fixation configuration on strength and fracture gap displacements in a cadaveric model of externally fixed distal radius fractures [published online ahead of print, June 10, 2019]. HAND. doi: 10.1177/1558944719851231.
Jones CM, Mackay DR. Autologous fat grafting in cleft lip and palate. J Craniofac Surg. 2019; 30: 686-691.